The degree provides a preparation for the analysis and solution of problems with the application of consolidated knowledge tools, adequate to address the issues that most frequently affect the general practice of the professional sector. The didactic path is oriented to the acquisition of basic notions common to the different areas of intervention of the environmental engineer who, suitably enhanced with the specific disciplinary foundations of the main areas of intervention, configure a training aligned with the following objectives:
- provide a comprehensive view of the main issues related to the protection of the environment and resources
- acquire the cognitive fundamentals for:
- description and assessment of water, air and soil pollution phenomena
- the identification and preparation of interventions to defend, plan and manage the territory, natural resources and ecosystems from natural and man-made risks
- the use of cartographic tools and basic information systems for the management and acquisition of environmental data
- assessment of the impact on the environment of major works, regulatory plans and new regulations
- identification and assessment of technologies for the recovery of water, air and soil quality
- the application of simulation and optimization tools to make efficient choices.
The general structure of the course includes a first year dedicated to the acquisition of a solid preparation in basic knowledge (mathematical analysis and geometry, physics, chemistry, computer science and economics), suitably adapted to the specific needs of environmental engineering. In the following years the training is oriented to the disciplines characterizing the sector, with the last year that proposes those contents more aimed at the application needs through the use of consolidated engineering techniques of intervention, updating their development and updating in the main issues of interest to the professional figure. The training activities in this sense are coordinated with practical in-depth experiences involving monodisciplinary or interdisciplinary (EnvLAB) teaching laboratories and including optional choices to adequately integrate professional skills with important interdisciplinary notions borrowable from related areas. It is also possible to carry out internships and internship activities, possibly aimed at the development of the paper for the degree exam.
Download the brochure of the Degree Course in Engineering for the Environment and Territory.
The graduate in Environmental and Territorial Engineering finds a place in the following professional sectors:
- public bodies and services for the monitoring, control and protection of the environment and the territory and for the assessment of the environmental compatibility of plans and works
- authorities and agencies for the planning and control of the territory and of environmental, geological and energy resources;
- producers of plants for the treatment of liquid and gaseous waste, for the production of energy and for the management and disposal of waste
- companies for the production and management of environmental instrumentation, remote sensors and environmental monitoring systems and networks
- engineering companies, professional firms and territorial and environmental service companies;
- construction and maintenance companies for soil protection works and interventions, and for the remediation of contaminated soils
- division of environment and/or territory of large companies;
- national and regional technical and mapping services
companies and companies managing the technology networks of public utility services;
Graduates in Engineering for the Environment and Territory, after passing the State Examination, can enroll in the Register of Engineers in the field “a) civil and environmental engineering”, with the title of Junior Engineer.
Duration of the course
Modality of admission to the course of l
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator